Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Not ()NLY MUSiC WaRMs TH3 H3ARt ...


This is a piece I have done, inspired by the image below. I used the media of Koi watercolor on watercolor paper & my inky clickie pen. This is a drawing of a girl in a Starbucks on campus.
This is my inspiration piece done by a french illustrator, who lives in Barcelona by the name of Lapin. I chose this piece because it isn't particularly my style. I love this because of the bold black calligraphy against the subtle cream lined paper. But what really captured me was his clever use of gray to create a scene in the background. This is not only brilliant but it adds to the softness of the background and it doesn't take away from his star character.

check out his other works at:

http://les-calepins-de-lapin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment