Monday, June 21, 2010

LiV3 LiF3 t() CR3ATE



Over the years I have been a collector of things, especially MAGAZINES!
My favorite: Seventeen! ♥
This past wednesday I did the grocery shopping for my dad and I picked up this months edition of seventeen magazine. During my flip through of the pages I came across this converse ad that I had previously ripped out of another magazine to pin up on my desk at the studio.( Converse are also known as chuck taylors : for the 80's babies!)
"Live Life To Create."

One of the shortest, simple quotes but it means the most! Its refreshing, youthful and PERFECT for summer!
I created a double spread in my sketch book using the add, some buttons, hot glue and some flowers from an artificial lay that I got from a beach party once.
I wanted to point out that the back ground behind the larger portion of the flowers is graffiti. I love the contrast between the artificial delicacy of the pink flowers against the harsh look of the graffiti magazine paper.
Its almost like a beachy summer meets the concrete jungle!

2 comments:

  1. i really like this! happy to see you're working in your sketchbook over summer too! hopefully ill find a scanner soon to upload some things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!! yeaaaa i really need a scanner too. ... well... a better one than wat i have. hope ur summers going well!! &thanks for stopping on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete