Wednesday, January 2, 2013

P/\per PurSes...



"Design a container for a special object using paper, thread and fabric of your choice."
I decided to choose makeup ( general things of cosmetology) as my special object. This lead me to the idea of incorporating my actual design of my container with the special object.
I chose to make a little clutch (makeup bag) or purse for my special object, made out of magazine paper.
My ideas seemed to work well with each other because magazines have unlimited fashion in it from cover to cover and the paper it self has its own print on it, created by the contents printed on the paper.
I decided to use a "juicy couture" ad because it was very "fashionable" and colorful. As well as, juicy couture tends to use a thicker paper than the standard hot printed glossy magazine paper.
This was a plus because the thick paper made it easier to sow the paper and the fabric together.

I chose a loud color for my thread, so that it stands out from the design of the juicy couture ad. This gave the opportunity for the bonding to become apart of the design of my project.
For the fabric I used scraps of my friends jeans that she had just cut up a week before the assignment was given out. I feel that the design on the jeans was the perfect composition of patterns with the magazine ad.

After cutting the right size of fabric and sewing it onto the magazine paper, i decided to fray the top edges of the jeans to give it a "falling apart look." I could not decide on a latch for the purse to close and open... so after thoughtful consideration I noticed that if you turn the seam in the side of the pant leg horizontally, then it looks almost like a bow if cut to the right size.
So I sowed a little orange loop on the base of the purse for a little pink button to slip in and hold the bow to shut the purse.
I had carefully sowed the button to the bow, and sowed the bow to the top half of the purse.

Finally I gave the bow the same finish as the bonding thread on the side of the purse to complete the look i was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment