Thursday, January 20, 2011

D3siGneR Bi() - refined + revised "guess who" post.

As a young designer it is important to stand out from the rest... to find a style which defines who you are within the world of design. 
Your identity is like a color in a room... a print, a shape. You give the room a personality leaving behind your d.n.a within the very paints of the walls. 


Now that I am well into my second year of design I would say that I can be defined with a slight recognizable style and would say that I am well known by my peers for my hand. Watercolor + and pencils draw the box of my comfort zone and even though I am comfortable there I have decided to erase those lines and venture out to discover new talents.
   In order for me to establish a concrete identity I must set designer goals and strive to accomplish them. Realistically I would like to master every aspect of design but I will start by renovating my weak area's... starting with time management.
 Within the last week I have observed my habits and can now confirm that I am the greatest procrastinator that you will ever meet. 
Once I get down to work I am easily distracted and I tend to work slowly due to the fact that I am tedious with everything. The combination of all of those traits might scream disaster...but love for design, dedication, and thirst to be the best I can be, sings a tune of brilliance.


 Even though I am one of the last to appreciate the art of hand crafted design I have opened up to giving technology a chance. I have already started by committing to a independent study which involves the responsibility of working a laser cutter and 3d printer every friday afternoon. From this experience I have learned a valuable lesson... computers are not the ultimate evil.


In order to become a great designer it is important to find the balance between hand crafted design and technology... if you get those aspects just right there is opportunity to become the very best the world has ever seen.


... and that is one goal that I am willing to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment