Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gu3sS Wh()... [in the process of rendering my designer identity]




With in the world of design there are many colors, shapes, prints and objects which define the personality of a room.  
If I where a room I'd consist of stripes, polka dots, sparkles, and all kinds of animal prints. < I know. It sounds like a mess but as a young designer I am still in the process of establishing my designer identity. 
According to a valid test I am considered a "Strong Originator," an unconventional risk taker, with a do it my self attitude, who breaks the rules when I feel it is necessary. Ughhh AGREED! 

 A piece of paper my have pointed out a few traits that I unconsciously knew about but...

So far I can personally say that as a designer: 

I appreciate every color under the sun.
I'm obsessed with chairs
I adore the past time of water coloring.
I love to mesh different prints together.
I have a tendency to be tedious : it is a blessing as well as my curse.
I'm one of the best procrastinator's you will ever come across 
And I always manage to do the opposite of everyone else 
[ most of the time that isn't planned. My brain just interprets things differently. :s ]  

But this semester will be different... Every thing that I am uncomfortable with I will strive to master. That means that the #1 goal on my list: Become a "Computer Geek" 
I'm terribly afraid of them! Something in the back of my mind echoes that they are evil! And somedays I believe that they are. [ especially when they delete nearly completed projects or shut down on me when i'm working on something extremely important!] But never -the-less, at the end of this semester I will not fear the squares of evil. 
Accompanying this new friendship with computers will be the acceptance of markers + group projects... and somewhere close by, "hovering" , is the idea that I will be extremely organized and will have great time management skills aka NO MORE MRS PROCRASTINATOR!

wish me luck! 




image from :http://www.sandystonedesignstudio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment