Friday, April 29, 2011

FiRst Y3aR R3viewS...



As a first year student we all come into this program fresh and new to the program. The amount of work and hours we must put in on top of the quality expected of us. 
After the Tuesday First year presentations I felt that Danielle Mittman has the spirit of a dedicated student. Her deliverables as both a whole and individually were strong.


It was very clever to have three different floor plans. I appreciated the fact that you showed the technical floor plan, rendered and the exterior floor plan. I was sitting very far to the back and I could still see them clearly. [ Beautiful Rendered Floor Plan ] 


Your perspectives were great however I feel that your title block was a little large and distracting. A word of constructive criticism would be that if you are going to leave white area's of space, exaggerate that technique next time. Focus on highlighting special area's with color and leaving the rest of the page white as if materials bleed only in that one spot. 
It was smart to include exterior perspectives because it gives your audience the full experience therefore concluding the space as a whole. 




Don't talk to the wall as much, your audience is in the opposite direction. It would have also been nice to see fully rendered elevations as it would have completed your project. 


Over all I felt that your project was very strong and had a cohesive idea that showed through your deliverables. 


(If you check out my blog you will notice that this semester I designed a unit with similar curves that I saw all throughout your space. It was ironic at how similar they were.) 


Great Job. I look forward to seeing your work in the years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment