Saturday, April 24, 2010

H/\Rd LiViNG : STUDIO APARTMENT DESIGN










H/\Rd LiViNG : I have designed a grundgy, fashion forward studio apartment strictly designed for photographer STEVEN MEISEL
This is a photo from Vogue magazine shot by Steven Meisel in 2007 for their fall prints collection. I was inspired by his work entirely and created patterns & color schemes from many of his photographs
This is a color scheme that I created from the photograph shot of the woman above
This grundy photo: also shot by Steven, was one of the main insiprations for the materials that I had chosen to use in the "studio apartment" that I have designed.
Above is a double page sketch book spread that I had done strictly Steven Meisel inspired. I created 7 different color schemes from the 7 different photos that where shown in the 2007 Vogue spread
I created my vision and design of my Steven Meisel inspired studio apartment on Sketch up: a computer program that is designed to build.
An arial view of the bedroom loft which is elevated on a wooden platform and closed off with tinted retractable glass doors. Also this shot shows the entrance way to the photography studio that has a built in catwalk.
Another arial view of : the loft, photography studio #1 & 2, as well as the bathroom
Over all, Stevens harsh - couture style photography inspired all aspects and elements of of design process. I decided to use tough, practical building materials such as brick, cement, glass and steel to give the apartment a more masculine feel. I embraced & celebrated these building materials using them in the key factor of my design. I wanted to use the harsh look as a part of the decoration: "Celebrating the foundation." Because sometimes the body of the structure is the most beautiful... and i'd rather not hide that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment