Sunday, February 20, 2011

CaM3Ra LuCidA [Diagram]


The diagram above that I created, helps depict my thoughts about the book Camera Lucida.
From this reading I have an insight through the lens of a professional photographer... learning how to separate emotion from photography.
It is a language and depending on your cultural exposure, we perceive these two dimensional story tellers in a different dialect than someone of a different culture. 
Photographs keep the dead alive. But in a way where their previous existence is only a distance memory.. a yearning.
Similarly to architecture, photography focuses on capturing a specific moment in time and when is the perfect time to do so. 
Camera Lucida was a hard book to connect with but as I pulled out the similarities between the two worlds of architecture and photography I began to translate their languages into recognizable principles and concepts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment