Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jenga 2.0 R3FLEcTi()n...


Jenga 2.0 was definitely a shot to redeem my self from Jenga 1.0. For the duration of this design period I felt trapped in the exact shape that we were designing.. a box!
With this lack of creativity and inspiration to excel forward, partnered with my constantly shifting ideas I felt overwhelmed and discouraged. 
But with the least to say.. I never gave up. 
With the goal to constantly keep moving forward with ideas, it definitely helped me to push out the deliverables required with great momentum and conceptual brilliance.
Over all I feel like even when my ideas seemed to float away or pop with disappointment I feel that it was the failure which helped me to succeed in Jenga 2.0.
I always considered my self as my toughest critic and I personally feel that even though the teacher says I have done well... I feel that there is much more that I must improve on. 
For the next round I will focus on emulating the successful styles of Austin Loman, Abigail Buchanan and Kara Kooy. Their attention to detail, ability to marry the two worlds of hand and computer and their conceptual board layouts are ones to strive for.  
Design is a constantly developing process and along the way I must realize that sometimes I must fail to succeed and if I emulate the success of my peers around me I will have opened my eyes to my strengths while improving on my weaknesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment